Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition, is a ranged intelligence hero who is most commonly played as a support. Though very frail, this icy elemental caster possesses great range on his spells (including an ultimate that can be used anywhere on the map), and strong semi-spammable spells. Cold Feet places a debuff on an enemy which will stun the unit unless it leaves the area the skill was cast. This can be devastating when used in conjunction with other disables from allies. Ice Vortex is a spammable zoning ability, applying a heavy slow and magic damage amplification to all enemies standing near the vortex. This is great in combination with Chilling Touch, which buffs Kaldr and his allies with enhanced magic damage for several regular attacks. His ultimate, Ice Blast, is an area-of-effect ultimate and one of the most devastating spells in the game as it has a global range and increases in radius the further the blast lands from the Ancient Apparition. Enemies struck by the blast will take hefty damage, have their health regeneration completely frozen for a respectable duration, and are killed instantly if they fall too low on life, making the Ancient Apparition an excellent counter to heroes who rely on sustaining themselves in teamfights through healing and regenerationPlaces a frozen hex on an enemy unit that deals damage over time, but can be dispelled by moving away from the initial cast point. If the enemy unit doesn't move out of the given range, it will be stunned and frozen in place after 4 seconds.Cast Animation: 0.01+0Cast Range: 700/800/900/1000Break Distance: 740Damage per Tick: 30/50/70/90Damage Duration: 4Stun Duration: 2/2.5/3/3.5Attempts to damage, but does not stun if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.ModifiersKaldr's presence draws those around him into a frozen void, threatening to lock them in an icy prison for eternity.Notes:).
- Cold Feet places an initial debuff on the target and places an icy marker at its current position upon cast.
- As long as the target stays within 740 radius of the mark, it takes damage from the debuff and after 4 seconds it is stunned.
- If the target moves 740 range away from the mark at any point during the initial debuff, the spell completely stops, removing the debuff and the marker.
- This means even when the target moves back within range, it is not frozen or damaged further.
- When cast on units which already have the Cold Feet modifier, nothing happens.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in 4 instances.
- The stun is applied 1 second after the last instance.
- Can deal up to 120/200/280/360 damage to the target (before reductions).
Ice VortexAbility Target AreaAffects Enemies / SelfCreates a vortex of icy energy that slows movement speed and increases magic damage done in its range.Cast Animation: 0.01+0Cast Range: 1500Effect Radius: 275Aura Linger Duration: 0.5Duration: 16Slow and magic resistance reduction persist if debuff was placed before spell immunity. Affects Ancient Apparition while spell immune.ModifiersFrozen, caustic winds are at the whim of Kaldr, chilling the field of battle.Notes:
- All effects are provided by an aura. The modifier lingers for 0.5 seconds. The aura uses only one modifier.
- Reduces most heroes' total magic resistance to 14%/10%/6%/2% ( 8%/4%/0%/-3%), assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Successive casts of Ice Vortex do not stack. A unit can only be affected by one of them even when multiple of them are overlapping.
- For the caster, this also means that standing within the own and an enemy Ice Vortex does not provide both effects to the caster.
- Which effect is provided within the overlapping area is decided by which one affected the hero first.
- When leaving the overlapping area, the modifier updates after its linger time, based on which area the hero still stands in.
- Provides 200 radius ground vision at the targeted point for its duration.
- Choosing the cooldown reducing talent does not affect the ability's currently running cooldown.
Cast Animation: 0.01+0Cast Range: 800Radius: 525Number of Attacks: 3/4/5/6Movement Speed Slow: 30%Slow Duration: 0.3Buff Duration: 20/24/28/32ModifiersThe Ancient Apparition's eternal knowledge brings a frigid enchantment to his allies.Notes:
- Choosing the speed change and resistance reduction increasing talent immediately upgrades all of Ancient Apparition's currently active Ice Vortexes, including already placed modifier.
- Chilling Touch places a buff on allied heroes within the area which enchants their attacks. Leaving or entering the area after cast has no effect.
- The buff is only placed on allied heroes (including illusions. clones and s), but not on
- The buff is always placed on Ancient Apparition, even when he is outside the targeted area.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Only successful hits reduce the number of left attacks and apply the damage. The damage is always applied before the leading attack damage.
- The damage source is set to be the attacking hero, not Ancient Apparition.
- Each attack places a new separate debuff, fully stacking with the slow of other attacks.
- The attacks first apply their own damage, then Chilling Touch damage, then apply the slow debuff.
- Recasting Chilling Touch refreshes the buff duration, resets the number of attacks, and updates the number of attacks and damage bonus based on the current level and talents.
- Choosing the damage upgrading talent does not upgrade Ancient Apparition's already placed Chilling Touch buffs.
Ice BlastLaunches a tracer towards any location of the battlefield, which must be triggered again to mark the area to be blasted by a damaging explosion of hail. The further the tracer travels, the larger the explosion will be. Enemies caught in the explosion, or who touched the icy ball of hail as it travels, are frostbitten, taking damage and prevented from regenerating or healing. If a frostbitten unit's health drops below a certain percentage, they will instantly shatter.Cast Animation: 0.01+1.07Cast Range: GlobalProjectile Radius: 275Min Explosion Radius: 275Max Explosion Radius: 1000Explosion Damage: 250/350/450Damage per Second: 12.5/20/32Initial damage does not attempt to damage spell immune enemies. Places debuff and can shatter spell immune enemies. Debuff attempts to damage spell immune enemies.ModifiersIce storms from ages past flow through Kaldr's frosty limbs, crashing into the world and turning its inhabitants into monuments to his eternal power.Notes:
- Upon cast, Ice Blast is replaced by the sub-skill .
- The tracer projectile travels at a speed of 1500 until Release is cast, Ancient Apparition dies, or it reaches the map boundaries.
- The tracer has invisibility and is never visible to enemies. However, with True Sight, enemies can see the projectile as a dot on their minimap.
- The invisibility also causes the typical shockwave effect caused by some invisibility sources, which is visible to the enemies if they have True Sight.
- The tracer projectile itself is harmless. It neither deals damage, nor places the debuff.
- The explosion radius starts at 275 and increases by 50 for every second the tracer has traveled, capped at 1000 radius.
- Thus, it takes at least 15 seconds to reach the maximum radius, equaling 22500 units traveled.
- The tracer provides 500 radius flying vision around itself as it travels. This vision does not last.
- Unlike the debuff, the explosion damage hits all enemy units, including creeps, excluding buildings and wards.
- The debuff prevents the current health of affected units to increase in any way. The only exceptions are , , , , , , .
- Units with the debuff on die instantly when their health drops below the threshold. The kill is credited to the source of the damage which brought them below the threshold.
- The debuff checks the unit's health upon taking damage, excluding the damage flagged by HP removal.
- However, if it was caused by self-inflicted damage, Ancient Apparition is credited for the kill.
- An exception to this is when the unit is denied or suicides by ; it will not be credited as a kill for Ancient Apparition.
- prevents affected units from dying to the shatter for its duration. Invulnerable units cannot shatter.
- The debuff deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 9/10/11 ( 17) instances.
- The debuff itself can deal up to 112.5/200/352 ( 212.5/340/544) damage (before reductions).
- Together with the explosion, Ice Blast can deal up to 362.5/550/802 ( 462.5/690/994) damage (before reductions).
Hero Talents +4%Kill Threshold 25 900 AoE +80Damage 20 +8%Slow/Resistance +20 Health Regen 15 -2.5sCooldown +10% Spell Amplification 10 +90 Gold/Mi
Recommended itemsStarting items:
- gives cheap bonus attributes which is helpful for laning and can be build into .
- is needed because Ancient Apparition is very mana dependent in the early game. These potions will make spamming Cold Feet possible.
- grants health restoration, which is very important for a fragile hero.
- also restores health to you and allies.
- carries items to team.
- not only helps your team out by providing vision, but help you out, too, by scouting low-HP enemies to Ice Blast.
- gives some overall attributes and good mana regeneration. Its ability will make ganking easier, while it can also be used to heal allies.
- helps with sustaining both your health and mana.
- are needed for the movement speed bonus.
- provide Ancient Apparition and his allies with much-needed mana sustain, as well as increase Ancient Apparition's own mana pool.
- gives plenty of mana regeneration, some mana, and some movement speed. You can activate its ability on an enemy after casting Cold Feet and the opposing hero will be stunned and frozen most of the times.
- is an extremely useful item which can be picked up as an escape mechanism or a chasing item. It can be used to help teammates as well.
- grants magic resistance and invisibility to help Ancient Apparition and allies escape or initiate without being seen.
- gives Ancient Apparition a much needed improvement to his attributes as well as increasing the duration of Ice Blast's debuff to 17 seconds, effectively preventing all enemy support heroes with healing spells from healing for an extended period of time. This makes your ultimate ability extremely lethal to low-health heroes, and even tanky heroes that rely on their regeneration or lifesteal to be effective.
- can be a good item choice when Ancient Apparition has an above-average early game, sustaining him with a steady gold and experience gain.
- is a great utility item which will make you and your team much harder to kill. Use its ability to heal you and nearby friendly heroes at the cost of some mana, while buffing everyone at the same time. It can be later upgraded into .
- makes Ancient Apparition immune to physical attacks, allowing him to survive when enemy carries are coming for him.
- grants a decent amount of overall stats, with a particular boost to Ancient Apparition's strength and intelligence. It makes you less fragile and able to spam your spells without worrying as much. Its root can be used with your Cold Feet and Ice Vortex to easily land your spells.
- is a very strong late-game item that gives a great attribute increase, all the mana regeneration you'll ever need, and an amazing disable. Its only downside is its hefty price.
- gives a lot of intelligence and armor. Its ability slows down enemies and damages them in a large radius, making it perfect in teamfights where you are the first priority target.
- is good on most spell-casters and Ancient Apparition is no exception. But it's extremely expensive and should never be considered as the first major item on Ancient Apparition.
- could theoretically prevent any kind of healing for 34 seconds with a double Ice Blast, an ultimate late game item.
بد است در مقابل:Anti-Mage
- Anti-Mage can from Cold Feet and tends to build a to dispel it.
- minimizes the damage Anti-Mage takes from all of Ancient Apparition's skills.
- and thus deal a lot of damage to high mana pool Ancient Apparition.
- makes Brewmaster invulnerable for the duration, rendering effects of Cold Feet and Ice Blast useless.
- can dispel Cold Feet from allies and Chilling Touch from enemies.
- Brewmaster can easily run Ancient Apparition down with slow from and .
- can dispel stun from Cold Feet and can save an ally that's about to shatter and even allows to heal with because of delayed effect.
- is good against all Ancient Apparition's spells in all stages of the game.
- can dispel Cold Feet from allies and Chilling Touch from enemies.
- Phantom Lancer can dispel or escape from Cold Feet with and .
- Ancient Apparition has trouble dealing with Phantom Lancer illusions.
- Ancient Apparition has no escape/mobility mechanisms, making him an easy target for Phantom Lancer in any stage of the game.
- helps Phoenix to escape from Cold Feet.
- can save Phoenix from Ice Blast.
- allows Terrorblade (or an ally) to regain HP whilst affected by Ice Blast.
- minimizes the damage Viper takes from all of Ancient Apparition's skills.
- allows Weaver (or ally if upgraded with ) to regain HP whilst affected by Ice Blast.
- completely ignores the slow from Ice Vortex, and helps him escape the freeze range of Cold Feet.
- Ancient Apparition has no escape or reliable control and is very fragile, which makes him the easiest hero to kill for anyone who can get on top of him, like or .
- and its upgrades reduce damage from all of Ancient Apparition's spells.
- and both can save from Ice Blast damage with the barrier.
- prevents all damage from the Apparition's spells. The only thing it doesn't stop is the frostbitten debuff.
خوب است در مقابلAbaddon
- Ice Blast nullifies 's and 's healing.
- Ice Blast nullifies the health regeneration granted by , which Alchemist greatly relies on in battle to stay alive.
- Alchemist tends to build which can be deadly during Ice Blast.
- Ice Blast prevents and from healing allies.
- prevents Ice Blast's shatter for up to 5 seconds, but can mostly only delay it as Ice Blast lasts 10 seconds (17 seconds with Aghanim's Scepter) and prevents from healing them.
- doesn't protect the team from Ancient Apparition's damage which is magical only.
- Ice Blast prevents Death Prophet from gaining health from
- The debuff hits Death Prophet even while cycloned by .
- Ice Vortex lowers her magic resistance and her kiting(keeping away) potential.
- Ice Blast prevents Huskar from healing with and negates any lifesteal, making him significantly weaker in battle.
- Ice Blast instantly kills Huskar if he falls below a certain health threshold.
- Ice Vortex helps to lower Huskar's high magic resistance.
- and cost Huskar his own health, killing him under the effects from Ice Blast.
- Ice Blast negates all regeneration, healing and lifesteal, making some heroes and heal-strats risky.
- Heroes like , and others also tend to suffer in Ice Blast's heal deny.
- Heroes that withstand damage like , , and others will have their durability largely reduced when hit by an Ice Blast due to the risk of shattering.
- Ice Blast does not debuff illusions, so it can be used to detect the real hero out of his illusions, since the real hero gets debuffed, while the illusions do not. This does not work against Meepo however, since the clones and the main Meepo are debuffed.
- Ice Blast's ability to nullify health regeneration makes it effective against health regeneration items like , , / , and etc.
- Ice Blast's damage per second also disables items like .
- Ice Blast is devastating against as users cannot activate it to gain HP and toggling it off can result in health immediately dropping below shatter threshold. However, keeping the Armlet toggled on is dangerous as the damage over time from the Armlet can bring a hero down to shatter threshold.
هم تیمی های خوب برایشMeepo
- Chilling Touch applies to Meepo clones, granting a considerable amount of bonus magical damage.
- Successive casts of lock the enemy in place long enough for both Cold Feet and Ice Blast to hit.
- The effects of Chilling Touch apply to Phantom Assassin's .
- The slow from the dagger can also help Cold Feet to proc from a long distance.
- You can almost always ensure a stun by casting Cold Feet followed by .
- Ice Vortex stacks with to amplify damage output of allies, especially magical damage.
- is perfect setup for Cold Feet and Ice Blast.
- may bring enemies closer to the threshold for Ice Blast.
- Chilling Touch and last for the same number of hits, allowing Ursa to quickly deal much more damage.
- makes good use of Chilling Touch through .
- makes good usage of the Frostbitten debuff, as he can spam on enemies without healing them.
- Any long-duration disable can make a good setup for a long-distance Ice Blast, such as 's , 's , or 's .
- is usually the Apparition's item of choice to set up Cold Feet. Don't forget to place an Ice Vortex below the target!
- can serve the same purpose as Eul's, but doesn't provide you with any mobility.
- can help burst enemies that are Frostbitten and under the effect of an Ice Vortex.
Playstyle is a spellcaster hero whose abilities can empower, disable and destroys with the power of ice. His ultimate, Ice Blast allows him to damage and freeze his foes' health regeneration, placing them on disadvantages during every teamfight, thus making him scale very well into the game.
However, Ancient Apparition is not a beginner friendly support as his skillset requires precise timing and judgement to execute. He is also quite fragile as he does not really possesses any reliable/instant escape and disables mechanisms.
- Strong team fight ultimate.
- Long range scouting spells.
- Hard counter to healing heroes.
- Squishy and sluggish.
- Require good precision and judgement to make use of his abilities—especially his ultimate.
- Harassment and zoning ability is rather poor.
- Slightly level dependent.
Ancient Apparition is usually played as a lane support; which is somewhat a shame since he benefits greatly from farm, especially his fearsome. As a support, stack (and pull) camps for later use, contest bounty runes every five minutes, carry a at all times, buy the , provide vision with s, etc. You have little potential to roam by yourself (like ) and limited capacity to react to ganks (like ) since the stun provided by Cold Feet is unreliable at best, so you can endorse the role of full time baby-sitter for your carry, and leech experience at will until you get your level 6.
You will usually start off with a point in Chilling Touch. It allows you (and your team) to harass quite effectively the offlaner. If you're paired with another support, and your carry is smart enough to fight with you, Chilling Touch is somewhat equivalent to a 180 magical nuke at level 1 (3 heroes * 3 attacks * 20 damage). Also, it can help your carry secure last hits (while you can secure denies) in a heavily contested lane. Similarly, you will usually follow with a point in Cold Feet. If the opposition lacks mobility and/or your team has spells to guarantee the stun, it's a good spell. Take at least a value point in Ice Vortex since the vision it provides and its cast range is reason enough to get a point in it.
Ice Vortex, unlike your other spells, doesn't require careful usage or coordination so it is wise to max it out first. Cold Feet is pretty bad if you can't get the stun off and Chilling Touch is literally useless if no one is hitting anybody with the buff.
Once your carry is farmed enough to either push towers or farm the jungle, you should take the lane for yourself for a while, to catch-up on experience and finally get that level 6. You can assist your team's pushes with long-ranged Ice Blasts.
The most common item pick up on the Apparition, besides, is the since it should allow you to trigger the stun from Cold Feet, by casting the spell then using the item on the same target. The early is also nice. Other common items include and , or the more expensive and . These items will help you land your Ice Blast on at least one target. If you're near enough your enemy (which you should be if you used any items before hand), don't forget to put an Ice Vortex below your target as your Blast is connecting.
Since you benefit so much from (expensive) items, it is rather common to aim for ato eventually become a huge threat.
As for less expensive items,is always nice, especially since you have no mobility; as is and , although both can be dispelled.
This build assumes the unlikely scenario where you're paired up with a strong roaming partner against an unprepared opposition. Even in this case, it's not guaranteed that this is the best build order for you. A strong roaming partner is, for you, someone that can always ensure that Cold Feet triggers its stun, making it suddenly very interesting to max out first. In the same fashion, a good partner will go extra lengths to right-click an opponent while under the effect of Chilling Touch, making it very valuable as well.
Although a good partner will usually be a support, a carry can also be just as good. Maybe you're baby-sitting, who provides you with both a reliable stun and slow through to proc Cold Feet.
For items, if your roaming is going correctly, anwill help both your partner and you to stay alive, while also providing an extra nuke that could help you reach their shatter threshold.
But your skill build should always depend on who you're paired up with and who you're against. An alliedwon't help you trigger Cold Feet, so don't level it, but she will gladly chase enemies slowed by Ice Vortex with s and buffed up right-clicks. Similarly, an enemy will not care much for either Ice Vortex or Cold Feet, but he will think twice about getting a last hit if you're ready to hit him with Chilling Touch. And it is worthwhile to take extra points in Chilling Touch with an allied since he will benefit doubly from it with . An allied will care only for the spell amplification of Ice Vortex, as well as the vision it provides to keep spamming .
Overall there is no definite build order for Ancient Apparition and you should always think twice before skilling any ability.
Finally, it should be mentioned that Ancient Apparition makes a very decent mid-laner. He has a good attack animation and fair base damage. He can secure last hits and denies (or harass) with Chilling Touch. He can sort of zone an opponent in a 1v1 situation with Cold Feet, as either they will cancel it and perhaps miss a last hit or two while doing so, or they will get stunned by it in which case you can hit them (with buffed up right-clicks) a couple of times. You can also hit them from the low-ground with the vision provided by Ice Vortex. And once you reach level 6, you can gank the side lanes every 40 seconds without moving with Ice Blast. The thing you will struggle the most with is enemy ganks, since you have no defence or mobility whatsoever. Since you're such a bully in a 1v1 scenario, there are high chances that the enemy will choose to simply push the lane with any AoE ability, something that you lack as well. As for items, an earlywill definitely help you reach the enemies' shatter threshold.